Re: Clueless C's Owners Plan To Extend O'Brien/Wallace'Papile's Contracts

At 06:23 1/10/2003 -0500, you wrote:
And you thought Gaston was bad.....
Please....only a troll or someone with severe reading comprehension problems could interpret the interview this way.

The only negative from the whole interview - albeit it's a major one - is that they ostensibly plan to keep the BDT. (Although I would hardly expect the owners to say in an interview like this that Wallace and Papile will be fired soon.) But I'm sure they will not hesitate to make changes when the BDT bungles yet another draft or makes yet another disastrous trade. As I understood it, the owners will keep the BDT on a short leash (cf. "making the final decision on recommendations from the basketball staff") and hopefully they're smart enough to protect the organization from Dumb & Dumber's harebrained initiatives. Moreover, they are not going to extend the BDT's contracts immediately, but will review the situation at the end of the season. That indicates to me they are far from convinced that this is their "management team for the next 20 years". If the team takes a nosedive and/or the BDT performs true to form in the draft and any trades, I don't think they'll have any qualms about indefinitely extending the BDT's summer vacation.
The rest are positives. The expansion of scouting, including European scouting, player development, looking to add "character guys", presence at games, the "banner 17, not 17% interest rate" and "we will spend to win" comments. These guys are more Mark Cuban than ThanksDad.
Kestas