Re: Moore

> ---------- Initial message -----------
> A quick question   Can anyone remember the last
backdoor cut and pass
> that led to a basket???  Or, just a backdoor cut?

True. I guess they've found Walker for all-alone layins
and reverse layups directly under the basket a few times,
but I'm not sure how that play originates. Its kind of
like that DJ to Bird play.

Boston's offense has actually responded a bit to Obie's
practices, as far as the number of open three
opportunities (especially to the non-captains) and the
ability to finish plays around the basket (notably Delk
and Eric Willians). The Celtics have scored 99 ppg in the
last two losses, which while high is around what they are
capable of averaging every night if you ask me.

The reason we are 1-5 is because the Celtics are allowing
101 ppg in that 6-game span.

Earlier in the year, you could have offnights by the
captains and still win games against top teams.

We'll either play back to that level again, or we won't.

This will depend on FG% defense and deflections, given
that rebounding is already more or less a lost cause.

We can do it. Last night we did it for most of the 1Q and
all of the 2Q, but Stackhouse was too big a handful.
There were several times when Boston held the Wiz right
down to the tail end of the 24-second clock, which is
usually a good sign.

At least we weren't playing catch-up all night long.
That's something to build on too.

I've been caught up just like everyone in the panic, as
the cold streak goes from temporarily to a trend.

But now I expect Boston to just go out beat New Orleans.
I also expect the weekend games to be entertaining and
for the Celtics to give as good as they get to Yao Ming
and the other Texans.

This Celtics team isn't a bunch of losers and sissies.
With a few good bounces the new winning streak should
have started two games ago. It didn't. But the Celtics
have the talent and chemistry to not get caught up in
losing.

Our 0-2 start to the New Year is a lot like the 0-2 start
to the regular season. We shouldn't even think about it
going into the next game.

Obie tends to not get caught up in losing streaks, and I
think he probably learned that from watching Pitino take
the opposite approach.

These guys don't need to be shouted at to try harder.
They just have to put a few things together at the same
time on Wednesday, and build on that until it sticks over
longer stretchs. I believe the Celtics still have the
same kind of five or six-game type winning streaks in
them left this year. We'll see.

A huge plus on Wednesday will be if the captains can get
a decent rest prior to crunchtime, without Mashburn and
Baron killing us on drives and perimeter shots.

Its strange that Kedrick only played four minutes, but
its just as odd that McCarty played all of 14 minutes.

Those guys are arguably our best ball defenders, and we
could use that. Battie was heroic last night, overall
team hustle was there, but ball defense let us down
repeatedly against another hot team.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?