Re: Eagle Tribune: Time For Larry Legend

< What I object to is your implication that "the team's biggest fans"
know what's up: i.e. Wallace is a loser.  Well, I don't know that at
all.  > - Bird

Implication, simplification.  I have no idea how you or anyone else
who followed the Celtics so closely could not look at Wallace's
track record as anything but team-destroying.

Can you think of any creditable moves Wallace has made aside from
signing Strickland and trading JJ and a #1 for Rogers/Delk?  I cannot.
And somehow he even managed to turn these  " best and brightest "
moves into bungled messes.

1) Wallace drafted the soft JJ at #10 knowing he was already
committed to Kedrick at #11 (his first naive mistake in that draft)
and Forte at #21 (another huge mistake to then choose a third wing
over PG's Parker, Tinsley, or Arenas).

2) After Obie became fed up with JJ's head and heart, Wallace
irresponsibly traded JJ and a 2002 #1 WITHOUT complete assurance
that he would be financially able to re-sign Rogers.

3) Although Phoenix would have taken either JJ or Kedrick in that
trade, Wallace kept Kedrick who has hops but a limited 75 IQ which
has prevented him from learning one thing about Bball in 1 1/2 years
in the NBA.

4) Strickland, although not a great PG, added vim, vigor, and
vitality to our lineup.  Misjudging the weak FA market, Wallace
assumed he could not afford to re-sign Strickland, and for reasons
unknown rushed to sign the undrafted Bremer (the John Stockton of
the Summer League).  He then, also for reasons unknown, made the
 "It will live in infamy " Baker/Shammond trade.  Meanwhile, the
fed up Strickland ended up signing for the vet minimum elsewhere.

Wallace is a coward and a fraud. He has subtly attributed all past
bad moves to Pitino and Red, all non-moves to Gaston, and his two
short-lived good moves to himself.  In this particular year when
so many decent FAbs were literally standing in line begging to
be signed for the vet minimum, is it possible we could have signed
lesser talents than Sundov, Bremer, Wolko, and now Moore?
If I had stood blindfolded and thrown darts at this year's FA pool,
I could not have done worse than Wallace.

< Either way, this idea that it's so *obvious*, so decidedly clear
that Chris Wallace is the biggest moron to come down the pike
since Mr. Moron McMoron of Moronville that even a newborn infant
could see it, is, at best, arrogant. >  - Bird

Wow.

Eggy