RE: Need Help Seeking Older Player

You might be able to say that some of them didn't/don't "get it", or didn't/aren't playing to 100% of their potential, but I think all of the above players "try/tried" to bust ass on floor.
Dino's the only one I'd debate that on. Part of the problem is that we got him when he was somewhat past it. But he also tended to get too quickly too far down on himself and give up if he mad one stupid play and I believe there were some fairly valid questions about his practice and conditioning habits. OTOH, he produced some of the most beautiful come up from behind someone out on the break blocks I've ever seen from a big man and did them consistently enough that it wasn't just chance.

I thought about that one...yeah it's a stretch, but he didn't seem to spin his wheels doing nothing (sulking aside) during the game. Hey and he never smoked a single cigarette during a game as far as I can remember :^)