Re: Re:Post West coast trip notes

<< We could have had Keon Clark, Jim and Bobby Jackson etc.
too under different ownership. We can STILL add those
type of guys over the coming years. It wasn't about GM
smarts, it was about the availability of money over
there.  >> - Joe H.

I'm afraid this series of bizarre trades and signings is all
about our GM's  "smarts."

The money was available for us to sign four minimum players
who would each count at the most, $637,435 against the cap.

It was Wallace, not Gaston, who chose McCarty, Bremer,
Sundov, and Wolko over Jimmy Jackson, Kendall Gill, Gary Trent,
Voshon Lenard, Skinner, Vaughn, Walt Williams, Damon Jones,
E. Strickland, Blount, and Grant Long.  All of the above
subsequently signed with other teams for the vet. minimum
except for Long (who we ironically then had to add as a 13th
player due to the dismal failure of 11th and 12th players,
Sundov and Wolko).

Wallace is dancing on a volcano, Joe, and the time has come
to stop blaming Gaston or Pitino or Red or even the Les Coyotes
for his abject stupidity.

Eggy