Re: Clearing up the Blount rumors

At 03:41 PM 2/19/2003 -0500, you wrote:
But the problem with folks like Vescey is they try to be imflamatory.
The reality of the situation is (a) I don't think even Wallace is
dumb enough to trade one of our 1st rounders and (b) Blount for
Shammond straight-up doesn't work.  Only the following work (without
us including more players):
Here's what I said last week:
"Their salaries don't match. It's also a little hard to believe the BDT would
embarrass themselves so. Giving up an expiring salary and a pick for Blount,
when they didn't want him in the summer for free (OK, the minimum), in the
aftermath of the Baker trade? It's a little much even for the BDT. "

The difference is they were talking about a 2nd round pick then. I gave the BDT too much credit. And I don't think it's just Vescey making things up. Both the Globe and the Herald are reporting that these trade talks have been going on as well. Maybe they both got it from Vescey, but I doubt it.

I wish they got Chris Andersen from Denver, though. That kid hits the boards hard.