Re: Hello, old friend (and some Celtics thoughts)

At 11:16 PM 2/19/2003 +0200, you wrote:
On another note, I didn't find so much to fault in Walker
during his 0-9 stretch in the second half. As usual, a
couple of shots were last second heaves on the shot
clock. His inside shot attempts were mostly on target off
of assertive if "only Antoine" type dribble drives.
I'm not sure what you mean by "on target" since he missed every shot he attempted in that stretch, some quite badly. But yeah, at least he went inside. It perfectly illustrated Toine's biggest problem, though - he thinks he's so much better at scoring than he really is. His bread and butter stuff should be cuts to the basket without the ball, a very few select moves down low (e.g., that jumphook from the left side, his spin to the right resulting in a half hook off the glass], and the occasional spot up three with no defenders on him. He thinks he has all these moves, but he really doesn't because they're low probability shots for him. The few clean, tight, near-perfect games he's had in his career (such as a game against MJ not too long ago) all were because he cut out the wasteful schoolyard stuff and stuck to the things he can actually do. When Pierce shoots the ball I expect it to go in every time. When Toine makes a shot it's a pleasant surprise.