Re: No more excuses

Snip....

Latin. Ah, the wonders of a classical education. Before the Third Punic War
between Rome and Carthage, a Roman senator named Cato so desired war with
the Phoenicians that he ended every speech he gave the Senate with "ceterum
censeo delendam esse Carthaginem" (or, "Besides which, my opinion is that
Carthage must be destroyed"). Basically, the Senate couldn't resist this
Jedi-mind-trick-like tactic and invaded. They burned Carthage down, killed
or sold into slavery her populace, cursed the land, and the story goes that
they salted the earth so that nothing would ever grow there again, though
that may be mythical. That's Romans for you.

There are those on this list for whom every scapegoat is the "BDT". They
will never do any right, by definition what they do is wrong, and no matter
the bad effect, the cause must be the "BDT". Cato would be very proud.

Snip...         Bird

Your choice of Rome wiping out Carthage is appropriate as Carthage used to
sacrifice it's young (future) as our BDT have sacrificed our draft picks
(future).  In Carthage's case it aided in their failure as a civilization.
For a basketball team it doesn't look much better.

Let's hope Wyc has a lot of Cato in him.

"Semper ubi sub ubi"

<Jim