Re: No more excuses

From :Eggcentric@xxxxxxx

I would just
love to meet you and ask in person why you remain so as one with
Wallace, Papile, and Obie, while focusing 100% of your BT anger on
Gaston.
Is this the problem? You think I'm "at one with" (whatever that means) these guys? Let me try to be clear once more: I only think that people focus all their vehemence on these guys and turn them into demons sometimes. Inaccurately. At least possibly. And they also think they know what's going to happen in the future, and of course they can't.

Wallace would have to have the Baker deal work out in order to even be considered mediocre by me. Papile may know AAU, but has shown little other than an ability to throw softballs for others (like Kestas's very funny transcript) as fodder. Obie's main virtue is that he's not Rick Pitino, and had some success, as well. His wacky tactics and weird substitution patterns, not to mention his lack of offense, and inability to develop younger players, make him a mixed blessing, as well. He's got the team playing over .500 and that's something, but of course, one always wonders how well the team could be with a actual offense.

The real problem may be that there's no good communication between Wallace and Obie. Wallace doesn't get guys Obie wants to play. Obie doesn't play the guys Wallace gets. Well, that's not good enough. The coach and GM are supposed to be on the same page.

The real problem here might be that some people continually characterize those with a reasonable opinion of these guys as "not getting it" or "not thinking critically" or as defending these guys' track record. To me, that's extreme, the way some people express it. Of course, there are those who express their opinions in a less extreme way. But, the opposite of the extreme positions here do not have to be that Wallace, Obie and Papile are doing a good job and deserve a pat on the back, but that perhaps they are not the cause of all the world's ills, either. I'm going to challenge those who think critical thinking is jumping on a bandwagon with people who think they know the future. Critical thinking is thinking for one's self, and that's what I'm doing. Critical thinking and large, blanket statements do not mix well.

As for Paul Gaston, I think I've explained this before, too, but simply: if he would have spent the money to bring Rodney Rogers and Strick, we wouldn't be in this situation. Other people have their axes, and I have mine.

Like what does your clever  "Paul Gaston delenda est "
mean ... scapegoat in Bantu?
Latin. Ah, the wonders of a classical education. Before the Third Punic War between Rome and Carthage, a Roman senator named Cato so desired war with the Phoenicians that he ended every speech he gave the Senate with "ceterum censeo delendam esse Carthaginem" (or, "Besides which, my opinion is that Carthage must be destroyed"). Basically, the Senate couldn't resist this Jedi-mind-trick-like tactic and invaded. They burned Carthage down, killed or sold into slavery her populace, cursed the land, and the story goes that they salted the earth so that nothing would ever grow there again, though that may be mythical. That's Romans for you.

There are those on this list for whom every scapegoat is the "BDT". They will never do any right, by definition what they do is wrong, and no matter the bad effect, the cause must be the "BDT". Cato would be very proud.

Oh, and I also think that Paul Gaston should be destroyed.

Bird