Blount

I spoke to Wallace today, and he did go out of his
way to mention Mark Blount as one of the guys
they developed.  (I had mentioned Bruce Bowen
and Adrian Griffin.)  He said he thinks Blount
will have a long career in the NBA.  I do think
he would help, though he wouldn't be worth a
pick -- although you will note that Aldridge doesn't
say it would be a first-round pick.  Blount is averaging
a block a game in 24 minutes pg in Denver, and still
has considerable upside.  I wouldn't be averse to
swapping him for Shammond, who is clearly the odd
man out, and whose contract is about to expire.
Throw in a second-rounder, and it's a good deal for
the Celtics, but not an important enough move to
bitch or crow about.

Josh