guys

Bird, it's ok.  I don't take it personally.  I do think that my "over the top" opinions are coddled because of my age or my length of time on the board and I appreciate that.

  We all have certain "keys" that we think will unlock the championship door.  Mine is no different than most:  we need a team oriented offense with Walker as a power forward, able to use his many talents on occasion.  That's not happening.  I also lean toward developing rookies, since most talent you trade for has failed in some way already.  There's the occasional DJ or Parish, but most thoroughbreds are developed inhouse.  And, as good as this team can be, it's talent thin and needs both players and coaching to get further.  We couldn't swim very far in the West and several are beginning to lap us in the East.  Some of our problems are injury related, but not the deepest ones.  Our "good" team is the enemy of the best one.  I think we have evolved about as far as we can.

Of course, I still think Baker can help us.  Looking for a narrow victory tonight.  Cheers.

Gene