Rant on Peter May article

Peter May's Thursday article chronicling Chris Wallace's mistakes is somewhat rebutted at:

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com

A rant on Peter May's Thursday column.
Kevin Henkin

There are so many things that bug me about this article but I'll try to stay focused on the key points. For one, the piece is a split between May's usual slip into "Captain Obvious" mode (yes, the Baker trade is a disaster, and yes, at this point it would be nice to have Amare Stoudemire and Tony Parker over Kedrick Brown and Joe Forte) and a headtrip into 20/20 hindsight, which to me is sports journalism at its worst. You have on several occasions made the point that the local media made little mention of the loss of David Eckstein to the waiver wire at the time yet have since continued to bemoan the move as another example of Red Sox front office incompetence. I believe the same principle applies here. For example:

-It seems obvious now that the C's should have held onto the Denver pick instead of using it in 2001. However, at the time, the Nuggets had improved by about 10 games that year with McDyess, Van Exel, and LaFrentz. Yes, Dan Issel was incompetent but that didin't mean you should bet the bank on it. It was a tougher call that May portrays it to be and only in hindsight can you see the true ramifications of it now.

The rest of the rant is up only for the weekend at http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com