Re: Vin Baker

The only thing I have been thinking about Baker lately is with all of his reported bouts
with depression, I truly wonder if he suffers from Bipolar disorder. This is completely
different than the type of depression one of us might feel over the Pistons loss, or
Len Bias and Reggie Lewis dying. This is debilitating, read Bob Ryan's article this
week. If he suffers from depression, I continually wonder if he is either not been
properly diagnosed and therefore able to receive treatment or if he is attempting to
manage it without medication.

As an aside I will say in general that there is plenty of overmedication and
overdiagnosing going on in the world. Case in point every hyper 2 year old does not
need Ritalin, every adult does not need prozac to make us responsible members of
society. Having said that....

The whole Barrett Robbins thing has had me thinking a great deal about that. If he
truly is breaking down and crying, I do wonder if someone is not diagnosing him.
Remembering also Alonzo Spellman and Dimitrious Underwood, there was definite
problems with them as well. Hopefully someone will properly diagnose him, if he is
just being a big spoiled brat and a useless basketball player, fine yes he should retire
and clear his conscience of taking money for his level of play. If however, there is
truly a medical condition, he should go on a medical leave and get help. I will admit
that I hope it is that he is not just a bum.