Re: Baker

I know well that this constitutes "piling on", but one
excuse Chris Wallace raised recently is how Vin Baker had
a terrific series against the Spurs in the playoffs.

Over a two-game stretch Vin shot 17-28 with 17 boards (6
offensive) in just 26.5 mpg.

Ergo, how could Chris Wallace possibly have known that
Vin Baker would be THIS bad in a Celtics uniform? Its
almost unfair to blame a GM's foresight when a player's
production tanks this massively, so the argument might go.

But here's the thing. In the last three games of that
vaunted Spurs series (and also his Seattle career), Vin
finished out that string shooting 12-30 with just 2.7
boards and ZERO trips to the line in a fraction over 30
mpg (14 fouls). Not good.

I feel that Chris Wallace needed to be more diligent in
researching this trade: given the 58 million Baker is due
from the new owners, the fact that Baker doesn't seem a
good fit for Boston's successful swarming defensive style
last year, and the fact that Obie opposed the trade.

I really do consider myself to be a look-on-the-bright-
side person.

Remember when Chris Wallace waltzed up to Croshere in a
restaurant decked out in an oversized "Croshere" Celtics
jersey? There was a bunch of talk about an August sign-
and-trade of Croshere (with Best) in exchange for Antoine
Walker.

At least we don't have both Croshere and Baker to root
for over the next many rebuilding years. At least we
still have both young All Stars over the life of Vin
Baker's contract.

Poor guy. Like I said, I'm sorry to pile on. The Seattle
papers are playing "I told you so" and its a bit cruel,
because he's such an easy target.

I hope Vin plays tonight and plays well.

Joe H.
L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?