Re: Baylor not holding back

I don't see why anybody would be that impressed with Baylor considering in
the last 5 drafts he has picked 9 first rounder's with picks in 2002,8+12/
2001,2/ 2000,3+10+18/ 1999,4/ 1998,1+22. How hard is it to pick guys with
basketball skills when your picking at least 4, if not 6 potential franchise
making picks over 5 years?

He hasn't been able to put together a team that can play basketball
together, regardless of division.  It is a tough division without question.
But he only has one guy who plays and he traded for him.  He has picked some
"potential" talent but that's it.  Big deal.  How many folks on this list,
if given the choice of one of the first 4 picks, in 4 consecutive years,
couldn't pick someone with potential?

I wonder what Jerry West would have done with those 9 picks?  Not to be
rude, but does West just do the opposite of what Baylor suggests when they
brainstorm?

He had 5 years to build a team with the new rookie contract/handcuff's.  The
trade for Brandt was a start.  He couldn't finish it.  How is he better then
Wallace?

<Jim

>Talent evaluation might be one thing to consider. Because the Clippers are
not playoff bound hardly means they are a
>terrible team with no talent. They just happen to be playing in the
toughest division in basketball. Just for fun, how do
>you think the C's would fair with their current roster in that division?
Remember the Clips play the likes of the Jazz,
>Lakers, Kings, Blazers, Mavs, Spurs etc etc twice as many times as the C's.
Considering what Baylor has to deal with I think