Our friends in the media

What Michael Gee didn't mention, but was talked about on the post game show
(apparently I'm the only loser here that watched the game till it's bitter
end and then watched the post game show too), is that the Celtics locker room
was closed to the media after the game.
Since Pierce had plenty of time to shower, etc., while the Celtics so called
bench played out the fourth quarter, then the locker room was off limits for
an extended period of time, is it any surprise he was gone by the time the
locker room was finally open?
Antoine, on the other hand,  had no choice but to stick around for treatment
on his knee.  He had to be there.

I fail to see why that's a big deal.  So Pierce wasn't there to try to give
the traditional "it's only one game" spin that Walker and O'Brien tried to
sell the reporters. If he were, the message wouldn't have been any different
and it still would have been a bunch of crap.

Gee also accuses Pierce of trying to get thrown out of the game.  If he was,
he sure was doing a poor job of it.  I'm sure he was complaining but he
wasn't doing it loudly or getting into anyone's face or refusing to leave the
court...all things that would have gotten him thrown out for sure.  They
showed him on the bench after the first T and he wasn't saying or doing
anything.  The same picture was in the Globe today.    <A
HREF="http://a1636.g.akamai.net/7/1636/797/e8ae270eefafbf/graphics.boston.com
/globe/images/daily/01/sports.jpg">
http://a1636.g.akamai.net/7/1636/797/e8ae270eefafbf/graphics.boston.com/globe
/

images/daily/01/sports.jpg</A>

Paul was upset with good reason.  The last two calls against him were bad
calls.    He drew an obvious foul on a jumper, as Max pointed out the only
reason he took the shot is because he drew the contact and thought he'd get
the whistle, but he didn't. He practically had his head ripped off by Wallace
on a rebound and then got pushed to the floor right in front of the official
without a call.
Add that frustration to how the team was playing and I'm sure he was angry
enough to say some things, but that doesn't mean he was intentionally trying
to get thrown out.  Gee gave no proof in his article other than his own
opinion, which coincidentally gives him something to write about after a
horrible game.

I was watching Steve Bulpett on the post game show after the last Detroit
game and was astounded when he said the Celtics have a better team than the
Pistons even with Walker on the bench.
How in the world can these so called experts make comments like that?
The fact that without Pierce and Walker for the last 14 min of the game we
got outscored at one time 35-5 speaks volumes as to the lack of talent on
this team.
We don't match up talent wise with any of the top flight teams in the league.
Not a single one.  We win our games out of shear defensive determination and
an over reliance on the only quality players we have.
That's the cold hard truth.

TAM