Re: [Celtics' Stuff Re: The Kedick school comment and Walker

<The most maddening thing I observe on this and other boards is that the
"Pierce apologists" (for lack of a better term) - and I am certainly not
suggesting that you are one - are very quick to defend Pierce but rarely hold
Pierce's feet to the fire to apply the same standard that they hold other
players, namely Walker, to. Very often there is insightful and valid
criticism(s) offered as to Walker's shortcomings or failures or miscues but
that same level and depth of criticism is seldom, if ever, offered when it is
applicable to Pierce.

The C's were already down by 27 points at the half. Walker took what, 15
shots in 30 minutes? Pierce took 18 in 31 minutes. So I can't agree with your
conclusion that Pierce was digusted with Walker screwing up as you term it
"what they had going".

What "they had going" in the last four games that Walker was out was Pierce
attacking the basket and going hard to the rack to get plenty of FT
opportunities. Last night, Walker got to the FT line more than Pierce.>

Overall criticism of PP isn't the point. The point I was trying to make there
was that PP was the only one hustling in the second half, getting the
offensive rebounds. It is only up to speculation as to what is thoughts were
prior to the second tech. You and I speculate different things, only PP knows
for sure. I just think PP deserves less criticism that any of the others
because he was actually trying and hustling. I would hope a player would be
disgusted a that level of play. It is the one's that aren't disgusted that
you have to worry about....

As for "what we had going" was the offense resolved around PP. He would
initiate, draw the defense and then pass out or shoot. Now we are back to the
separate Walker isolation and the PP isolation. I didn't necessarly have a
problem of going back to that with a lack of other options in Obie's gimmick
offense. But we needed to gradually phase away from a single prong attack to
a dual, especially with Walker playing with one leg tied behind his back. And
I don't fault Walker for trying. He was just more bad judgement by the
coach....

To me, the game capsule was of lack of perimeter defense (due to the sagging
defense strategy) and lack of offense (due to Walker and the Delk forcefeed
with a spoonfull of Shammond tossed in)....

DJessen33