From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of gene kirkpatrick
Sent: Sunday, 28 December 2003 8:46 AM
To: celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Welcome, Yogi

How long has it been that "Yogi" Stewart has been a Celtic?  Or, should
I say a "Celtic?"
I don't know about you guys, but the worst feeling in the world is
sitting on the bench, knowing that you can play.  Well, compared to
knowing that the star goes home with the cheerleader and you merely go
home.  The point is:  shouldn't there be some sort of "here's five
minutes, Yogi, because you were a valuable part of the trade?"  I don't
get it.  It's like putting all the in-laws in the kitchen for Christmas
dinner and then expecting them to clean up after the "real" family.  I
think it stinks.  When a new player, not a rookie, joins the team he
should have a real, tangible welcome--some playing time!  Yogi is a
shot-blocker, rebounder and he can't find pt on the Celtics!  He
deserves an apology from whoever doles out the minutes.

Cheers.  Merry after-Christmas.  And we could beat the Lakers if we were
rebounding well.  Gene