Re: what a game!

In a message dated 12/27/03 12:13:40 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tfmiii@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Good to see Obie make some adjustments too (but I don't think he gets
> credit
> for subbing James for Banks at the end of the games since Banks had
actually
> fouled out).

I certainly have to take the hit for my comment to that effect. I was
completely unaware that Banks had fouled out until DJessen pointed it out to
me. I
watched the game on the Phoenix feed and I don't recall either of their
announcers making that point. 1000 lashes for me. But I think as you do Obie
did make
other adjustments during the game.

> Hats off to McCarty too, a favorite whipping boy of mine. He's producing
> all one could ask for given his type of game, and his 3-point shooting is
> surreal. Welsch came up empty last night, so McCarty's heroics were all the
more
> timely. And Baker sounds like he may be done after just a few months...not
> pretty what is going on there. Last thought: who here realized when Ainge
pulled
> the trigger on the last
> trade that McCarty was a principle in the trade... It's like we traded
> Battie and Williams for McCarty, with Davis and Mihm thrown in ;?)

Well, I hadn't thought about it in those terms but more along these lines . .
. is McCarty's current role really much different from the role that Rodney
Rogers found himself 2 years ago? Seems to me it is pretty much identical:
shoot the three to draw the opposing Center away from the paint. And there
were
many a night I'd only yearn that Rodney Rogers would also grab 7 boards. Isn't
that what LaFrentz would also be doing if he weren't down for the rest of the
season, i.e. drawing opposing centers away from the basket with his perimeter
game?

I am praying for Vin and holding out hope that his current funk is merely a
case of him being melancholy over the Holidays what with the team out on the
road and he is away from his family and children. I hope and pray that is the
case and that returning home to be reunited with them and getting some of
mama's
home cookin' will get him back on (early season) track. In fairness to Vin,
he did have a double double against the 6uhs in the game preceding the road
trip but he basically has become invisible in the two (road) games since.

CeltsSteve

``Time, practice, patience, attitude, unselfishness'' - Jim O'Brien