what a game!

Kind of a Jekyll-Hyde snapshot of the Cs season so far, wrapped up in one
game.

Good to see Obie make some adjustments too (but I don't think he gets credit
for subbing James for Banks at the end of the games since Banks had actually
fouled out).

Another adjustment could have been avoided if McCarty and Baker hadn't
started together (which is all the more surprising since didn't Obie a few
games ago say he wanted to avoid putting them out there together?). Those
two should never be out there together: neither is distinguished by their
ability to rebound or defend in the post and their games are dead opposite
without being complementary.

Baker is just killing them right now and neither he nor McCarty is an NBA
center (heck McCarty isn't even a PF). This comeback doesn't occur unless
Obie planted Baker at the end of the bench. It's sad to say  but I think the
Cs play better without Baker even when he is playing well, and when he plays
like he has the last two games, well, it's a disaster.

Last I checked the Suns were not a terror on the backboards but they were
pasting us 31-21 at one point last night before Mihm, Banks, Davis, McCarty
and Pierce got us back into the game. We still ended up with something like
a 10 rebound deficit but at least with Mihm and Blount out there the
bleeding was staunched somewhat.

Hats off to McCarty too, a favorite whipping boy of mine. He's producing all
one could ask for given his type of game, and his 3-point shooting is
surreal. Welsch came up empty last night, so McCarty's heroics were all the
more timely. And Baker sounds like he may be done after just a few months...
not pretty what is going on there.

Last thought: who here realized when Ainge pulled the trigger on the last
trade that McCarty was a principle in the trade... It's like we traded
Battie and Williams for McCarty, with Davis and Mihm thrown in ;?)