Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Re: Merry Xmas Atlanta

In a message dated 12/24/03 9:53:16 AM Pacific Standard Time, Celtic4Hire
writes:

> Aw, Steve. Why argue with you? You are right. The Cs consistantly went to
> Baker in the low post and he spun, pivoted and rolling hooked them all day
> from the post with his eleven shots. That is what your "facts" say. Yes,
> Suh!....Just a thought. If Vin has a putback or a layup from a PP penetration, does
> that count in your "facts"? I guess so. But that would be a shot from inside
> but not "generated" from the inside. Isn't that what the discussion was? If
> you take those shots out, what are the percentages? Kind of think you are
> missing the point but I guess it is a black and white world you live in, a sweet
> romantic place, beautiful people everywhere, and the way they comb their hair
> makes you want to say "Its a beautiful world". Expand your mind but
> regardless, have a Merry Christmas....
>
> DJessen33
>
> <<DJessen,
>
> Here's shot by quarter recap from ESPN Gamecast that details Baker's shots.
> I don't have a tape that I can rewind and review so I'll take their account
> of the action instead relying of my own memory.
>
> Bottom line, according to ESPN, only 3 of his shots came from outside the
> paint so what your assertion that "most of Vin's shots were from the perimeter"
> is based upon only you can tell us. The facts say otherwise.
>

> 1st Quarter
> Missed jumper
> Missed layup - blocked by SAR
> Missed layup
> Missed 4 foot jumper -- blocked by Ratliff
> Missed 4 foot jumper
>
> 2nd quarter
> Missed 15 foot jumper
>
> 3rd Quarter
> Missed 17 foot jumper
> Made layup -- assisted by Pierce
>
> 4th Quarter
> Missed 15 foot jumper
> Missed layup -- blocked by Mohammmed
> Made layup -- assisted by Pierce
>
> CeltsSteve >>
>
> In a message dated 12/24/03 7:32:54 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx writes:
>
> >> CeltsSteve incorrectly pointed to Baker getting 11 shots meaning we were
>> going inside. Most of Vin's shots were from the perimeter. I haven't seen a
>> good pivot move from him in awhile....

Well, DJ, they aren't "my" facts. They are THE facts.

You stated that I was incorrect with my observation that the C's did try to
go inside to Baker last night. I refuted your assessment that most of his 11
attempts were from the perimeter and not from inside as I originally observed
with factual data from ESPN and you pooh pooh it with a response dripping in
sarcasm and try to paint me as an ogre. It's really not that big a deal to me but
I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from.

"Just a thought. If Vin has a putback or a layup from a PP penetration, does
that count in your "facts"? I guess so." - DJessen

Why ask a question you already know the answer to? But I'll humor you. Only
when said layup is considered a shot from the perimeter like it apparently is
in your world. Maybe that 36" HDTV of yours is defective or in need of a
tune-up.

"But that would be a shot from inside but not "generated" from the inside.
Isn't that what the discussion was?"  - DJessen

Actually, the discussion originally was re: a return to Obie-ball featuring 3
point shots over inside offense in the four games since the trade.

"If you take those shots out, what are the percentages?" - DJessen

Who cares? If a shot is taken from inside the paint, it ain't a perimeter
shot and it sure ain't a 3 point shot, correct? So what's your point here? Tap
dancing doesn't become you.

"Kind of think you are missing the point but I guess it is a black and white
world you live in, a sweet romantic place, beautiful people everywhere, and
the way they comb their hair makes you want to say "Its a beautiful world"
Expand your mind" -  DJessen

Gnarly, dude, but you said all that to say what?  That you like to engage in
literary license and for the second time recently someone has challenged your
assessment(s) with clear facts to the contrary and you seem to take umbrage?
It's all good though. Surf's up.

"but regardless, have a Merry Christmas.... - DJessen"

Exactly!  And likewise to you and your family. And to all Celtic fans
everywhere.

Peace.

CeltsSteve

``Time, practice, patience, attitude, unselfishness'' - Jim O'Brien