Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] It is going to be fun again for PP

In a message dated 12/15/2003 11:51:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, Celtic4Hire writes:

> Big thing is we know have a good 8 straight protected for the draft:
> Jiri, PP, Banks, Perkins, Davis, Hunter, LaFrentz
>
> Available: Walta, JJ, Stewart, Baker
> Free Agent:  James, Mills, Blount, Mihm
>
> But do we have to count Mihm? Would he technically be a
> free agent?
>
> DJessen33

DJ,

Good call. Mihm would be added as the 8th player to the protected list. His option was picked up for this his 4th year so the C's automatically hold his rights for Year 5 of his original rookie contract next year ('04-'05) at a modest $3.946M.

The catch though would be they'd have to resign him before the start of next year; otherwise he would become an automatic FA in the summer of '05 with one huge caveat: he could NOT be traded once the season began if the C's don't reach an agreement with him before the 1st game(remember when the Clippers didn't re-sign Kandi Man?.