May is nuts

that column is so wildly immoderate, it's like May wrote it
with tears pouring out of his eyes.  You'd think that Ainge
swapped the roster!  Does May really think the Celtics are
going to do be much worse this season because of the
loss of Battie and Williams?  Really?  I mean, no doubt it's
a blow to the team chemistry, but neither of those guys was
really an impact player.  Williams had one significant NBA
skill -- low-post scoring -- and that was almost erased by his
poor rebounding.  Battie was hard-working but basically just
a big live body.

But whatever!  Can May really think that the Celtics are now
blown up for the season?  They won't win again?  How can
you put something in print that is so easily refuted?  The
Celtics might lose a few more games in the next couple of
weeks, but they were already an "offensive juggernaut" no
thanks to Williams and Battie (both afterthoughts in the offense).
Now we add an all-star caliber scorer and a skilled big man
to replace LaFrentz?  What's the problem?  You saw what
Sam Cassell did to us last night.  Imagine if we had one of
those to spell Pierce.  No cause for crying there.

Josh