From: Kestutis Kveraga <Kestutis.Kveraga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Dec 15, 2003 10:36 PM
To: celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: I Think This Is A Pretty Good Deal And I'll Tell You Why

Amazingly enough, I agree with every point WayRay makes here. I'm still
saddened by the departure of Williams (though not as much Obie, who looked like
he'd lost a son, and had to terminate his press-conference immediately after
his opening statement). But WayRay is right in that Eric had probably reached
the zenith of his value and, in the current NBA climate, that's exactly when
you get traded.
Kestas

--- WayRay wrote:
1. I'm a strong believer in Fast Break Basketball and Offense, and with
this trade, the Celtics have the opportunity to put out lineups that can
blow other clubs off the court. You could go with a Jiri, Davis,
Pierce, Jones, and Baker Big Offense/Big Lineup. You can
bring Davis off the bench. You can go small and fast.
All in all, multiple combinations are possible. The trade
presents the Celtics with a lot of offensive flexibility.

2. It was the time to deal Eric Williams. He was at his highest
compensatory value and they did get something of value for him

3. It was time to move Kedrick Brown.  It was never happening
with the Celtics.  Perhaps playing next to the quasi-Magicesque James, his
career will go beyond flotsam and jetsam.

4. The Walker trade set this one up. Both in terms of needing to add another
scorer to the club and the startling emergence and importance of Jiri Welsch.
Jiri is one of the most heady and teammate-improving player the Celtics have
had since Bird. He simply needs to be on the court and playing, and thus
lessening roles for Williams and Brown. Those two were expendable.

5. The ever improving Mihm -- and his possible contributions to the Celtics
shouldn't be Mihmized {get it, Mihmized}, should start over Mark Blount.
And one of the most intriguing linups proffered so far is  Mihm - Baker -
Pierce - Davis - Jiri.

6. They didn't have to give ip a draft pick and/or received one in return.

7. My major disappointments with the trade will be if they don't keep Jiri in
the
starting lineup, and now won't sign a Mid-Level Free Agent. otherwise,
I like the deal.
--- end of quote ---