From: Kestutis Kveraga <Kestutis.Kveraga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Dec 15, 2003 10:46 PM
To: celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Classy Larry

May wrote in the Sunday Globe that Max's habit of taking less important games
off was just killing Larry. He could never stand for that. Maybe that's why he
didn't bother to show up and publicly embellish his opinion of Max. I also
didn't think that Red went overboard with praise for Max.  Cedric obviously
thinks better of himself than pretty much anybody else in the Celtics family,
which creates an "appreciation gap". Add to that the trade, and the booing of
Ainge (or was it ML?), and the fairly lukewarm crowd, and this did not exactly
go smoothly for him.  All in all, the ceremony had an awkward feeling to it.
Kestas