Re: losing LaFrentz

<  Just do me a favor and keep up the suspense, the incensed Celtics
owners breathing down your neck be damned. This picaresque aspect
is very important; otherwise, the whole thing would lose a lot of luster
and turn into a banal Clancy novel. > - Kestas

Well that does it, Kestas.  Now we really must meet.  I have no idea
why you would want to paint me as some sort of hallucinatory
picaroon when in fact I have actually forwarded you one of my emails
from wyc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

< It seems your relationship to the alleged source has evolved (again!).
Before it was someone's someone's someone's someone baby-, dog-, or
house-sitting for one of the owners, then a relative who's a
sportswriter at one of the major dailies, now it seems the source of all
this information is...you. QED. >

Your memory is astounding. I vagely recall writing something like a friend
of mine whose employer's neighbor lives next door to the cousin of the girl
whose best friend babysits for the babysitter of etc. told me that etc.
etc.....
Yes, Kestas, another attempt at humor that apparently never made it up
to Hanover.  I'd search back through the archives for it but could there be
any more punishing experience than having to read through dozens of one's
own posts?  And yes, I do have a relative who is sportswriter.  It makes
sense; who else would hire me?

Egg