Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] No offense.

Loyality is an admirable trait. I guess you would never make a trade or
coaching change then <g>.... But like Greg Anthony said last night, the Celtic
coaching is much improved these last five games. Obie has the respect of the
players which is an important thing. With Ainge's guidance, tutelage and
manipulation, perhaps you can teach an old dog a new trick. It was Ainge who wanted to
change Obie's strategy.

 If Obie can get the team to incorporate the passing game which has been very
successful the last five games, I'll quit dogging him. In fact, if he is
successful this year, I'll be a believer in him. (We still have to see Obie
effectively coaching the Cs through the zone and the press. I also think they need
to focus more inside out.)....

I have to say that Obie did a masterful job of substituting last night. No
mass substitutions. Obie is improving. Although Jiri is the backup point now, he
still got Banks in for some developmental time. I have to say I liked what
Banks did. His attitude seems to have changed. He stayed within the flow and
didn't force his game. He concentrated on defense, getting the ball up the floor
and getting the offense started. That is good. Do what you do the best right
now, set a foundation and improve a little bit on that every day but don't
screw up the team while you develop....

Yes, we are playing well right now. Why? PP, James and Welsch are hot. The
team is passing and moving without the ball. When they stop hitting, will they
search out the inside offense of EWill and Baker? I hope so. Losing LaFrentz
will hurt. That will likely mean that Baker's minutes will increase. But I also
think that the Cs will be small more often. It seems like Obie substituted in
Kedrick when he didn't go with Raef in the second halfs.

I doubt Kendrick will get anything other than garbage time. However, it least
there will be opportunities for him to start his NBA career.

As for trading Battie, LaFrentz going out does seem to make this less likely.
I really don't know what would be best. The Eastern conference is wide open.
If the Cs continue to grow under Ainge's guidance, maybe we have a chance like
Josh O has said recently. Now that we seem to finally have a rhythm (although
loses Raef could mess that up), would you disrupt that for the long term?....

DJessen33

<< What's with this "We"  s%$t, Kimosabe? :-)   Don't count me as someone who
 went off on O'Brien. I've steadfastly stood up for him since he took over.
I've
 never agreed with his detractors who would have "us" believe that he is
inept,
 incompetent, sorry, or (fill in the blank) . >>