Re: one apology / one question

I'm in agreement with you on this one. However, I recently saw a NBA when
Josh's strategy was performed....Obie is a freaking genius....

DJessen33

<< Josh,

 I won't try to answer for Kestas but I will answer for myself because I
think
 I know the underlying premise of your question.

 No, it is absoluely NOT a basic strategic (read "coaching") mistake. You
 NEVER allow your opponent an opportunity to put points on the board with the
clock
 stopped. Why in the world give them the chance to make the first FT, miss
the
 second FT intentionally and follow that up with an offensive rebound and
 potentially score a game tying FG from close in?

 You make them tie the game from a distance of 25 feet plus -- not from 5
feet
 away (or possibly closer) . If he knocks down that shot, you congratulate
him
 and play on. The worst case scenario is that Carter hits that 3 - and the
 game goes to OT but the percentages were definitely in the C's favor of
chances
 of the Raptors making a fall away 3-pointer from 25 feet vs a 5 footer (or
 closer).

 Smart coaching by O'Brien.

 CeltsSteve  >>