Re: Salvos coming from Walker - calls Ainge a snake

Egg,

I thought that was a pretty darn good post. I think Walker certainly lowered himself by making these comments both in what he said and that it is a given that nobody has much sympathy for players who go off like this. I very much agree that Ainge both traded Walker far too early and for far to little. Compounding all of this was that they took on another teams big mistake (Raef's contract) which will come back to hurt us over the coming five years.

When they traded for Vin, it meant that one of the three max guys would need to go a year or two down the road and given that the Baker deal was one of the worst in NBA history, Pierce has developed into an elite scorer and potential All-NBA type, the logical choice would be Walker. Even among those of us who like Walker as a player, its obvious he has some real faults to his game to go along with his pretty unique skillset. I knew he would be gone when Danny took over and recognized that due to both the financial side and the hope to rebuild the team under a new philosophy that Walker was not long for the Celts. We certainly are not better off from this trade however, despite the play of Jiri. At this point, the advantage goes to Dallas. The size and length of Raef's contract is a real problem. If Jiri becomes a consistent starter AT THE POINT OR THE TWO and the draft pick turns into a player (not good odds of that given where the Mavs will be picking), then this deal can be a medium and long term success.

Regardless of the results of the trade, its only one of the deals Danny will make and not the deal that will make or break him. Only time will tell in that regard. However, in the short term, my excitement over his hire has waned markedly. I have found him to be arrogant, mudslinging, and possessing a questionable understanding of the NBA game. In listening to his interview, he continued his trashing of Walker, talked repeatedly about how the fans dont get it with their fantasy mentality, and claimed he knew more than everyone else and if only we knew what he knew we would back him 100%. This, coupled with his failing NBA economics demonstrated by his willingness to dump a short term contract for a bad long term contract, indicates to me that we have probably not come as far away from the Pitino Wallace style of GMing than we had thought.

Eggcentric@xxxxxxx wrote:

< Can you believe this? He's (Walker) traded to one of the four best teams in the league, owned by a guy who spoils his players like grandparents spoil the kids, and he says Ainge was trying to hurt him? To sabotage his numbers? > - Berry

A thoughtful post, Berry. But sometimes life just comes down to which jerk you respect the most ... in this case, Walker or Ainge.

I remain convinced that we are better off without Walker as I have little to no tolerance for stupid/arrogant/NBA-ruining personalities. Really, did we have any real future with AW and his contract?

As you pointed out recently , despite AW's stats (more RPG, less APG, less PPG) he has actually managed to take a bite out of Dallas while performing the role of brother to stepbrothers Nowitski, Finley, and Nash.

I am beginning to feel bad for the Toine. In fairness to him, I remain convinced that he was lied to repeatedly and thoroughly dissed by Ainge who exposed his cards way too soon that he was indeed on a vendetta to trade the evil AW even if it meant taking on a chronic knee ailment player such as LaFrentz.

If you recall, the Walker/LaFrentz trade was held up for 24 hours due to the Doc's concerns about Raef's chronic tendonitus. But no such poor prognosis could stop our own little man-child, Danny, who remains a combination of arrogant and naive ... the worst of both worlds. He is quickly becoming an NBA insider joke.

Egg