RE: Ainge On WEEI with Dernnis & Callahan Says:

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of William Lee
>- Ainge: Antoine stifled development of young players

I'm having trouble seeing how this particular problem is now fixed.

Bill

Well the problem of young players developing is fixed.  Ainge is right
that without Antoine, Marcus is getting minutes as a traditional PG
rather than as Shammond/Delk clone.  Jiri's own point forward skills
wouldn't have blossomed if Antoine kept initiating the offense from the
three point line on every play.

Even Kedrick is developing fine IMO, look how long it's taking Gerald
Wallace, Deshawn Stevenson, and Kareem Rush.  Those other three or even
Joe Johnson can't stick to allstar swingmen the way Kedrick does.

My big question is that since Ainge is looking to the future, what do
you all think about a Baker trade at the deadline for an expiring
contract.  I'm sure high end playoff teams are impressed and could use
his kind of production.  The C's will be even worse offensively, but
we're not contenders anyway, and our Rookie big men could finally get of
the IR.