Antoine in Dallas...

... is averaging 16.5 field goal attempts per game, 17th in the league and FIRST on the Mavericks. Remember the talk about Antoine toning down his game with all those all-stars? Nope. Dirk Nowitzki and Michael Finley average 14.5 shots per game. Antawn Jamison averages 12.1. Steve Nash averages 10.1. All of those players average more points per shot than Antoine.

... is averaging 1.04 points per shot, which is a pretty good indicator of offensive efficiency. That ranks 92nd in the NBA.

... is averaging 4.9 three-point attempts per game, 12th in the NBA, and is shooting 28 percent on threes, 80th in the league.

... is averaging 4.3 assists per game, continuing a steady decline over the last few years. He's 36th in the NBA. Paul Pierce averages 5.6, good for 15th (and second among non-point guards behind Iverson).

... is averaging 10.3 rebounds per game. Here's where Antoine really has picked up his production. The Celts certainly could use that kind of rebounding. Of course, they could have used that kind of rebounding last season.

Meanwhile, Dallas' team offensive and defensive statistics have suffered since the deal. Boston's offensive and defensive statistics are improved.

Of course, the bottom line is wins and losses. I'd say Dallas has been slightly disappointing in that regard, while the Celtics certainly have been disappointing. But I believed it before looking at the stats and I believe it even more now - the team hasn't suffered because of Antoine's absence. They have problems, but the trade isn't one of them.

Mark