Cs stay with gameplan but Nuggets don't read scouting report

I thought it was a wonderful first half by the Cs and by Obie. I thought Obie
did a great job of substituting and the play-calling, continually going into
the post with PP, EWill and Baker. The defense was a little suspect and didn't
like the Camby offensive rebounds.

Second half, I guess Baker was hurt so Obie starts LaFrentz. Then Denver goes
small and doesn't play Camby, who was playing well. Obie the strategian
matches small for small and uses EWill again at the small forward. The Cs continue
to go to EWill in the post which was outstanding. The Cs pull it out and the
general game plan of working inside out was followed pretty much throughout the
game with a few PP exceptions.

However, what won us the game was the contributions of Juri. He did an
excellent job of feeding the post. However, with PP doing his normal and EWill
picking up Baker's low post scoring, Juri was the third scorer and knocked down
countless shots. He is continues this, he will be better than who Danny compared
him to because Juri can also drive and create. I bow at the throne of Danny
Ainge for the foresight in this player....

But here are some things didn't do, obviously not reading the scouting sheet.

They didn't press.

They didn't go to a zone.

Didn't didn't double PP that often.

I wonder what the outcome would have been if they had. Maybe they hadn't
worked up a zone or press yet....

Back to the second half and Obie's small unit. You got Blount, PP, EWill,
Walter and James capturing most of the minutes. Is Obie's game plan going to be
to go small? Is the lineup of the future? If Baker was available, would Obie
still go with a small unit of Baker replacing Blount (likely)?

I guess I don't care as long as they continue to work inside out and feed the
post first. I'll have to say I didn't like some of PP's attempts at point
guard in the second half. If he would have stayed with the gameplan, we would
have won by 15. (I also liked Obie continually calling timeouts to keep the team
in the gameplan and also Obie chewing out PP for a quick, challenged
three.)....

DJessen33