not this year

Some observations from one who chose not to get the NBA package this year (so I've seen one game).  O'Brien may have done well with the squad he had several years ago, but he has yet to use his personnel very well this year--at least, for 48 minutes.

It could be that our two best rebounders are on the IR.  Sure, they're "not ready yet," but either they're the future or Walter and Battie are.  It's time to make a choice.

At the half last night, we should have calculated who might torch us and lead a charge?  Duh.  While the Suns have several 15 point men, I would guess that Marbury's the one.  And I would have put Banks on him as much as possible.  Just deny the ball and the open shot.

Perhaps James is Tony Delk revivus.  He's an undersized two guard.  Play him in that role and let Jiri and Banks play the point.  Better yet, trade for Tinsley.

More important than letting the youngsters develop their individual games is the team's development of winning habits.  That's why we need Tinsley.  It's also somewhat contradictory to bringing Perkins and Hunter into the fray, but I don't think we lose much by exchanging them for McCarty and Battie.

No offense, guys, but I could learn how to create an offense on the plane up to Boston.  It's not brain surgery.  And I know that James is not a point, Pierce is not a two and Welsch not a three.  But I'm not available.  So, why not get a coach--an assistant, a trainer--who knows offense and get with it?

We just lost six of the eight we could have won.  It ain't happening this year.  Get rid of the past and get with Perkins, Hunter, even Jones.  Cheers, Gene