It is the coach's responsiblity for players to know their roles

Let me tell you where Obie went wrong in the second half.

First, he altered the starting lineup to go small with Baker at the center
and EWill at power forward. Even though you might think that this lineup was
effective in the first half, I don't like to tinker with rotations because he
screws up players minds. Now you don't have EWill anchoring the second unit when
they come in and also players don't know their roles.

Next, the Cs screwed around jocking up low percentage shots to start the
second half and quickly gave up 10 points. Now the Suns had started pressing and
got the Cs out of their rhythm and getting the ball in the post to Vin. Now, I
have wrote before how I don't like playing EWill and Baker at the same time
because they both belong in the post and the other guy doesn't know where to
play. But more of that in a minute. So Obie responds by taking out Vin at the 8
minute mark.

Now there is no offense but the old time favorite, jock around, PP swirling,
three point chucking extravaganza. Then went to EWill once in the post. The
Suns rip off another seven.

Obie responds with Baker back in. But the Suns were doubling both PP and
Baker. Baker now was looking to pass instead of posting up.

At this point, our fate was sealed. You know the rest.....

Here's what I would have done:
First, you keep your rotations unless you have foul trouble....

Second, yes we had a few turnovers on the press. However, most of the time we
we still had the ball in the front court with 15 seconds left. Vinny has to
demand the ball in the post. HE HAS TO BE THE NUMBER ONE OPTION. Each player,
including PP, has to come to this realization. I don't care if you have a wide
open three. You don't take it unless you gave Vin a touch on the box first....

Third, watch our weakside baseline player. When we properly go to the left
side with Baker and PP and rotate the ball to the weakside. Juri is on the
baseline three. However, his defender is in the paint. He needs to be cheating way
up for the two pointer instead of the Obie three, at least until you become a
serious quality three point shooter (and I don't mean a quantity three point
shooter like Walker. You ought to hear these guys complain about Walker down
here). Juri and Kedrick don't need to be shooting threes when their defender is
in the paint and they can get the 20 footer....

Fourth, PP and EWill do not dribble unless they are below the free throw
line.....

(The one difference Walker would have made in this game is that he would have
gotten the ball to PP on the box. Only Obie knows why we don't alternate
Baker, EWill and PP on the box....)

The press affected us but this should have made that much difference with a
29 point lead. These players just don't know their roles and that is what the
press did. Walter thinks he is supposed to shoot threes. Kedrick as well. PP
thinks he is supposed to be a creater instead of a scorer and starts his offense
way to high (he is not a shooting guard). Baker needs to demand the ball in
the post and get a touch every possession. Battie and Blount should not shoot
or make a move from the low post. Their job is defense, rebounding and the 15
foot open jumper. James should only shoot his three when the time is running
out. Otherwise, dribble over to Vin and get him the ball. Banks is a great
talent and is learning so the only thing I would tell him is quit trying to make
the great play when under pressure in the open court and just pass the ball. You
will have plenty of pretty plays when you have them one on one and little
more separation. I can't say anything bad about Juri because his fundamentals are
so good except to move inside the three point line in the half-court offense,
regardless of what Obie says. Ditto for Raef. EWill needs to be the second
team post man and should touch the ball every possession as Vin's alter ego. But
every thing I am saying is the coach's job. The coach just isn't getting the
job done. But Ainge can't fire him and give up that 9 million of the owner's
money. Ainge screwed up this one royal.....

Bring on the lottery. Our fate is sealed....

DJessen33