Rumors Of Disgust In Boston

(Strangely enough, none of this is mentioned in the Boston Media...)

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_6279.shtml

CALLING OUT, OR CALL FOR HELP?
Rumors of disgust in Boston continue to filter out. The club is not horrible, in fact they are not as bad as you might think. Openly media question the presence of Danny Ainge in and around the bench this week during games, even calling out to players and officials from the floor. Celtics sources last week hinted that Jim O'Brien's job was in jeopardy, and now Celtic star Paul Pierce was quoted by the media saying his club was soft adding salt to the Jim O'Brien wound saying "We just don't understand what it takes for us to win It just seems like when the tough get going, we start running. When a team starts to push us, we don't push back, and we've got to play with some toughness. Right now, I think we are one of the softest teams in the league. We get leads at the half, and we settle in on it and don't compete for the rest of the game." Some around the team say Paul is trying to motivate his team to get hungry and get after some wins, others say Paul is crying out for help and that might explain why the Celts director of basketball operations Danny Ainge has been so visible around the team over the past few weeks. Pierce has since backed away from his inflammatory condemnation of his team, saying it was the heat of the battle and losing a game that got to him. Those around the club openly wonder if some of the problems aren't related to the X's and O's down the stretch, and it does seem the Celtics star player is reaching out for help, either from his teammates or his general manager.