Re: Oneal

At 04:40 PM 8/29/03 -0400, Mark Piotrowski wrote:
>snoopy wrote:
>
> > I don't see how anyone could endorse such a trade.  Bird may like
> > Walker,
> > but after what they've paid to get their current lineup, they're not
> > likely to make any major deals unless they unload Jermaine O'Neal.
> > And before anyone asks, no, I wouldn't take Jermaine, either.
>
>Why not snoop?  If Walker is not willing to accept his role next season
>and O'Neal is pissed at Indy for axing Thomas, you wouldn't do a
>Walker-Jermaine trade?  Heck I think I'd do that trade right now (if
>not for the BYC restrictions).
>
>I think the key is O'Neal being on a team with a bigger star than he.
>I've been dreaming of a true power-player like him since Dino Radja
>left.
>
>but maybe that's just me.
>(the other) Mark

I think Jermaine O'Neal has too much capacity to mess up pressure
situations.  I'm not saying he's not a talented player--I just don't trust
his decisions in crunch time, which is when you really need a player with
his talent.    O'Neal just isn't as good as he--or Thomas--thinks he
is.  Given the number of close games the Celtics have played in recent
years, O'Neal is too much a liability.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle