RE: Isiah Thomas fired

But the way you say it suggests that you are dissapointed in Danny for not making moves to turn them into a championship contender NOW. The fact is, there were no moves available that would have done that. So it should be expected that maybe a few other teams might make moves that look better than anything the C's have done, even if it's debateable if those moves are better.
Personally, I don't see the team being any worse than last year. Who did we lose that contributed? No one. And they added a number of players that potentially could add quite a bit. And even if they don't, the C's still haven't lost any ground because the core is still in place. Of course, that core is only good enough to get to the 2nd round of the playoffs and maybe the ECF. The real moves that make us a title contender are still a few years away.

From: "Berry, Mark  S" <berrym@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Shawn Niles' <shizzjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>, celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Isiah Thomas fired
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:05:35 -0400

I'm not upset! How many ways can I say that I like the draft picks and the
direction Danny is taking the team? All I said was there were several
Eastern Conference teams putting some distance between themselves and the
C's-THIS SEASON. I think Ainge is doing things the right way. I just don't
expect a huge difference this season. Not with Obie and Antoine still around
and no significant roster changes (as I said, Banks will take time).

"Most of us" may figure the C's are where they should be. But there are
plenty who still see this team on a par with the Eastern Conference's best.
They're not. Not this year.

Mark