Point Guards and E. Williams.

>   My position and longstanding kvetch with this team is that unless we
> have 48 minutes of "pure" point guard play, Antoine Walker will take
> over as the distributor  and in the present scenario will have about
> half the game to undo, with "O'Bie ball," what Ainge hath wrought.

But..logically speaking..

If Ainge wanted this "pure point" he would have made a different move and not
signed James. We are stuck with James now. I suppose he could move Delk and
get a second string pure point, but who exactly would he trade for? Likely
anyone of substance would cost us a "sweetner" like say Brown or a first Round
draft pick.
And why do that if you already have your first string point of the future in
Banks?

Obviously the Celts aren't interest in the FA that qualify like say Mateen
Cleaves, Omar Cooke, Kenny, Armstrong, because he didn't sign those guys.

Ainge actually commented on this I believe and said there are only like a
half dozen "real" points in the league and the rest are combo guards. So I don't
seen him giving up the farm for a real point to back up Banks.

I think the Celtics are done. James is the guy. Actually I have no memory of
seeing this guy play. What kind of game does he have that makes you think he
can't possibly be DA's number two?

Alright..now I have to say I don't quite get the Williams thing..
Now if we trade him..wouldn't we have to throw on a sweetner? Why would a
team with space under the cap want him otherwise? Now if its a team at cap or
above like us wouldn't they want to trade us back garbage so they don't go over
the cap?

I think we can just hold on to him. E. Williams has his redeeming qualities.
He has skills, not like he is embarrasing to have out there. His rebounding is
only okay, and his defense is overrated, but he can post up on anyone his
size. Personally I like him better then McCarty...

Pete