RE: no love from DA

I think largest areas of improvement for us will be the ability to get to the free throw line with a PG who knows how to deliver the ball to a player in a scoring area.  Even though Paul led the league in attempts, as a team we were way down the list of FTA.

GS:  2382
Uta: 2349
Ind: 2271
Phi: 2253
NJ:  2195
SA:  2194
LAC: 2177
LAL: 2129
Orl: 2079
Was: 2077
Hou: 2044
Det: 2021
Chi: 2014
Cle: 2012
Atl: 2011

Bos: 1994

I think Banks will increase that number as will a commitment to the boards.  There's a huge difference between running the court knowing that there will likely not be a chance to score off the break, like last year, and running the floor with the hope of receiving a pass if open for a layup.  The players will have that mindset with the ball in his hands.

You've all played pickup ball with a guy who rarely looked ahead to advance the ball and know how frustrating it can be, especially when you are the one ahead of the field and still don't get the pass.  Or cutting off a screen and busting wide open down the lane.  I doubt that will be much of an issue with Banks.  These are among the plays which force the defense to use a foul.

Cecil

Cecil Wright, Nova Scotia Program Officer
National Crime Prevention Centre
Suite 1400 - Duke Tower
5251 Duke Street
Halifax, NS  B3J 1P3