Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Twan will opt out?

Talk to the hand...er, DA.<g>. Remember Twan has already made a ton of money.
Payton and Malone didn't go for top dollar. So what if he gives up 14
million. Brad Miller got a 7 year, 9 million a year contract. If Walker was to get
something similar, he would give up the delta 5 million for one year.

All it would take would be a reversal of the trend. He was a all-star last
year for gosh sakes. Power forwards are hard to come by. You hear he has lost a
lot of weight. He is preparing for the contract year. All it would take is a
couple of less threes and a couple of dunks from an uptempo team and his
shooting percantage would shoot up and a couple of rebounds and he would turn into
the "Flava of the week".

Also, Walker is a character. I can see him leaving on spite if he was ticked
off at Danny. What if Obie does run a little a cuts a little of Walker's time.
Remember the fit he had when Obie cut his time and he forced an apology out
of Obie. I don't think he would go to Utah. But he could go to Miami.....

DJessen33

<< My main point [ even though I like him] I can't imagine him making 15 mill
for a years work again in his lifetime. I'm not saying he won't make a buck
but his best chance in my opinion financially wise would be to play out his
deal in Boston and then do whatever is fitting for his benefit afterwards. Why
would you leave when you'll never get more money for that same year? Of course
unless he figures he can get a long term contract at the end of this year that
he would'nt get the year afterwards. [ some team with max money courting him]
I don't know but it just seems unlikely to me. >>