NBAtv and Cox Cable--NO game tonight--but...

I just got off the phone with Cox Cable, and here's the situation as it stands.

They CANNOT show the free preview.  In order to get it, the cable provider
has to be "in the process" at least, of signing an agreement to eventually
show the channel.  Cox has not done so, therefore, they cannot show the
preview.  We're stuck.

According to the person at Cox, NBAtv won't have any more playoff games
this season after the opening round.  At least, there's been no notice
saying so.

Now, the POSSIBLE good news.

"There is a contract on the table," per the person at Cox.  It has neither
been accepted nor rejected, they are discussing it.  There are some issues,
including how many games will be taken from the League Pass and put on
NBAtv next season (no one knows), and how--or IF--it will affect the cost
of the League Pass, not only to Cox, but to US.

Depending on what happens, and this may take through the offseason to
settle, there are several possibilities.

1. They end up offering the League Pass and NBAtv.

2. They end up with just the League Pass.

3. They end up NOT offering EITHER.

I'm trying to be specific, here.  NO decisions have been made either
way.  This is going to be a three way negotiation with Cox, InDemand, and
the NBA--assuming that negotiations actually occur.  The person I talked to
has promised to keep me updated when solid information comes out.  I have
to exercise some care about what is said, and how.  Please do not try to
read more into this than what is here.  I believe--but do NOT KNOW--that
things will end positively.  We'll have to wait and see.

It was suggested that people call the NBA and make their preferences known
on this matter.  I agree, and also reiterate my own recommendation to press
your local provider to take your requests to the corporate level at
Cox.  Please exercise restraint, tact and diplomacy in making your requests.

Sorry, gang.  Those of us stuck remain stuck for now.  We'll have to wait
and see what happens later.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle