Re: Celts draft.

> Wallace is okay at picking talent...
> I realize you folks don't agree but frankly I feel
> that luck is involved,
> especially with any non top three picks... The guys
> he pick have a good a
> chance of succeeding as anyone for the most part.
>
> Its the developing part that OB is killing him...
> Joe Johnson and even Mosio seem destined to become
> solid NBA players. I also
> think K. Brown will just blow up on some team if he
> got some real development
> time... OB isn't such a bad coach (though I HATE the
> ugly game he often
> pushes for) its just that he designs he whole scheme
> around the stars.
>
> Brown was used as a spot up shooter..and he quite
> frankly sucks at that. Heck
> J.J. was much better at that kind of thing..weird
> they traded him and not K.
> Brown. I see the way Jefferson is used..and I think
> K.Brown could thrive like
> that. Jefferson shoots long range on occasion but
> often recieves alley oops
> or uses his jumping ability for close short jumpers
> or post moves..

Ah, a voice of reason.  How many people have watched
Moiso and Johnson this post-season and just kicked
themselves (or a picture of Wallace and Pitino)?
Young players, who are not superstars, need at least
3-5 years of development and patience.  The only
players that blow up right after they are drafted are
either 4 year college players (think Bremer) and
superstars (Paul Pierce, Iverson, Walker,
Carter....the list is endless).  And since almost
every player we draft is an underclassman, the fact
that we trade them before they start to produce is
just a lack of patience....patience being one of
almost everyone's lacking qualities.  That's why this
draft is great.  Most of the points and 4/5
banger/rebounders are in the 3 to 4 year college
range...thus they should help right away.  And thus
not get traded after they show a few growing pains.

Ryan