Pacers

> .
>
> The bench--coach or no coach--still has to execute on the court, be it
> their coach's play or whatever they come up with that works.  While I am
> often annoyed by the pundit's repeated dismissal of the Celtics, they're on
>
> the money with the Pacers.  They have a deep, talent-laden team that
> routinely goes .500 each year.  When they had their hot start this season,
> everyone was shocked.  Personally, I think it was that the Pacers were in
> better shape than everyone else in the preseason and kept rolling.

They are deep..but are they "talent-laden"? It's will be made pretty clear if
they are drummed out of the playoff by the Celtics that they lack top-tier
talent...

They don't have anyone better then Pierce..and Pierce isn't even considered
the best the NBA has. I like O'Neal..but Artest, Harrington, Miller, Mercer
et al while solid aren't particularly awe inspiring. I don't rate any of
those second tier even as good as Walker. 8-12 they are better then the
Celtics..but our stars are better IMHO.

Depth doesn't win championships stars do..outside of Shaq and Kobe the Lakers
have been very "thin" for years, IMHO. If you want to talk about a talented
and deep team the Blazers are a much better example.I think they absolutely
kill the Pacers Celtics or Lakers 10-12.

Now my Ron Artest rant:

Quite honestly I don't think I have seen a more overrated player in many
years then Ron Artest. Defensive stopper? I don't think he is even the best
defender on his team. How can anyone seriously claim he is a better defender
then quick long guys like Doug Christie, and Kevin Garnett?! Weird.

I also disagree with Ray...the Nets are vunerable even to the Celtics. I am
not at all convinced that they will get by the Bucks though. I think Philly
is the team to beat.

<<<However, the draft represents hope in the form of Ridnour or Barbosa or
others, but it remains to be seen whether Wallace or Trust Fund Steve
can take advantage of it.>>>

I doubt we would ever take Ridnour. He isn't much of a physical talent..not
even half the athlete J.R. Bremer is. Even the more marginally more athletic
Kirk Hinrich is a bit of a stretch... Maybe someone like Mo Williams or Blake
who are both quick.
I don't know much about Barbosa...but we won't draft any athletically
challenged player. Wallace likes athletic players and I tend to agree...most
all the stars in the NBA do have exceptional height/athleticism/weight
ratios.

<<<<- - How bad are things on the Kedrick Brown developmental watch?
Ex-Celtics Jerome Moiso scored more points -- 10 -- in last night's
game against the Sixers than Kedrick Brown has netted in two seasons
of playoff basketball.  I wonder what defacto GM Trust Fund Steve
thinks of Brown? You'll know if he's packaged in a deal.>>>

It's hard to net much if you don't get a chance to play...

Kedrick will be fine...though perhaps he will be playing for another team. I
think he works pretty hard, and has more "basketball I.Q." then most folks
give him credit for.

I wouldn't count him out with the Celtics though. Paul Pierce and Walker both
love him and want him to play more...and they have said as much. He might see
some time against McGrady if we end up playing those guys in ECF or maybe
against Jefferson if we play the Nets.

Kedrick's big flaw is that he isn't much of a catch and shoot player.... So
the normal Celts offense of PP or AW drive or post up then pass out of the
double doesn't really showcase his skills. McCarty is truly a nifty spot up
three point shooter..and he plays decent defense..so its not strange that he
can't get McCarty's minutes.

He needs to work on the catch and shoot to steal McCarty's minutes..or
convince OB that he can do damage on the post like EWill. I hope they keep
him around..

Pete