Last Night

Don't get me wrong. It was a great night to be at the Fleet, but I saw some
disturbing trends. Once again, poor officiating. I mean, the one guy with the
slicked back hair went out of his way to blow the whistle on the C's but, once
again, Artest got away with murder (something must be done about that guy)
until he got tossed and O Neal even got away with a few. Just like the ECF
round last year the home court held no advantage for the C's. You could hear
Indy slapping at players in the stands but no calls, with the refs right
there! Pierce even had his wristband ripped off at one point.

I could not count how many wide open shots the Pacers missed. You would have
thought that the teams exchanged uniforms, with Indy launching from the
outside and Twoine driving to the hole. When it comes down to it he knows what
wins playoff basketball games. Perhaps losing to NJ last year taught some
lessons.

Also, nice to see that the "graveyard" guys did not dig themselves an early
hole that they needed all game to climb back out of. They were up 31-15 after
one. Let's hope that complacency does not set it. I'd love nothing more than
to see the C's move on to NJ and Isiah getting fired. Only downside, as
someone noted here yesterday, is that it does maybe buy OB an extension, which
would hurt us long term.

Came home from the Fleet and stayed up late to watch the TNT halftime of the
Lakers to hear all of the raves about the Celtics. Of course, not one mention.
Charles and Kenny talked about the other games and Lennox LEwis but not one
mention of the C's. Still no respect. Then they showed the Christina "fighter"
commercial and not one clip of the C's in action, except for the Jermaine O
Neal facial ON the C's. Man, will the C's ever get respect?

As an aside, I had my picture taken with Red and met the Chief last night!
Man, is it great to be a Celtics fan. It will never be like that again though,
no matter how far the current group of players go.

Thanks,

Steve
sb@maine.rr.com