RE: a wild idea, and probably won't work, but...,

Snoopy wrote:

What can we offer Minnesota for KG?

--- --- ---

I've thought about this in the past whenever rumors started popping up about
KG maybe going on the market. First, let me just say that I don't think
McHale will willingly trade him. The only way it happens is if the owner
forces it for salary reasons, and I don't see that happening. I think KG
will be there a while and they'll keep trying to get lucky in the draft of
with the occasional trade.

However, if he did go on the market, the Celts would be wise to offer either
Pierce or Walker as the centerpiece of a package. I'd try Antoine first, but
that probably wouldn't get it done. Pierce might get you to the table, but
another fallout of the miserable job Wallace has done in the draft and free
agency is the utter lack of attractive young trade bait on this roster.
Kedrick has no value, and he's the only recent draftee still on the roster.
Anyway, you'd have to start with Pierce (assuming Walker wouldn't get you in
the door) and add around him with Ewill and others to make the money work.
Whatever you had to give up, short of Pierce AND Antoine, would be worth it.
Garnett is an MVP and all-NBA level talent just entering the prime of his
career. He's a franchise cornerstone who, paired with Antoine or, better yet
the bounty Antoine would fetch in trade, would make the C's contenders with
a different coach and GM.

But any dreams of adding Garnett to Pierce and Walker are just that-dreams.

Mark