Re:thoughts on this list and the Celtics

>Keith Langford.............
>Maybe Tam can fill us in, but
>where is the praise for this guy?  He was the most
>important player on that Kansas team and would be
>great for the Celtics.  All he does is shoot layups.
>>I want this guy.

  Ahhh, K-Freeze.  That's been his nickname since high school because he's
just so...well.......cool.
He never seems to get rattled.
Keith is my 16 year olds favorite player.  He and a friend had their picture
taken with him during the Tournament last year and we've used it for our
computer wallpaper.
It was such a good picture that I e-mailed it to his mother, who then
e-mailed it to Keith, and they both also used it as wallpaper.

Anyway, the only two negatives on Keith are his free throws...although his
mother swears he was an 80% FT shooter in high school, he has been a 67% FT
shooter in his two years of college.....and his outside shot, which is around
30%.
He is relentless in getting to the basket and once there has an unbelievable
ability to get lift (he has had some spectacular dunks in traffic that just
make you shake your head). For that reason he plays much larger than his
size, which is only 6'4".
And therein lies the problem in regard to the NBA.  He would have to shift
from his current SF position to SG in order to survive in the NBA.  Without
an outside shot that's pretty much impossible.
For that reason he isn't even thinking about the NBA right now.  He will work
really hard to improve his shot over the summer and then see where things
stand next year.
Those of us at KU, especially a certain 16 year old I know, just hope he is
back with Kansas next season.  He is the only KU player on record as saying
if Roy leaves, he may be leaving too.  Of course that would mean sitting out
a year and I'm not sure he really wants to do that.

One other thing to be looking out for....Keith has a younger brother Kevin
who is already 6'8".  I've never seen him play myself, but I've been told he
is pretty darn good too.  He is being recruited by a number of teams
including Kansas and Kentucky.
If Keith had Kevin's height, he'd be heading to the NBA right now, no
question in my mind.

TAM