We just have a bad coach, nothing that a Bird or Nelson couldn't cure

It was great to listen to Ainge and Thompson lambast the Cs for their boring
isolation and 3 point shooting. Thompson correctly pointed out that the
standing around on offense affects their defense, making them subconsciously
stand around there also. The fans also properly booed the Cs. Why? Because
the Cs fans know what good, entertaining basketball is and Obieball isn't it.
Ainge points out that fans want to see fast break basketball and the Cs
didn't have one the whole night. Ainge also pointed out that they had a fast
break often with some of the slowest guys in the league with McHale, Bird and
Chief like I wrote in a post a couple of days ago. I got to think that the
new owners are smart enough to know what a good product is and it isn't
Obieball. I am hoping we are in for a regime change....

The thing that is so frustrating is that we have 2 of the top 15 players in
the league and we stink. Then we play a team, Philly,  that has one great
player, not much else but they are properly coached, cutting, setting
screens, passing the ball, just playing like a team. But just about every
team we play does the same but us. You know how much better our team could be
if they had proper coaching... I heard a great story the other day. Walton,
when he went to UCLA, balked at the haircut rules that John Wooden had.
Walton told Wooden that he had no right to say how long a person's hair is.
Wooden told him that he was right, that the coach had no right in determining
how long a person's hair was. He (Wooden) just had the right to determine how
long each player got to play. Wooden didn't have any problems from that
unique player after that...The moral of the story for us is that if Twan
won't play the way he should, he could sit next to the coach. In this case,
however, he is doing everything with the coaches blessing but to the team's
detriment. PP and Bremer have now fallen into the same pattern. I think PP
and Bremer can still be saved. I don't know about Twan. It would take a real
strong coach....

One other thing. Could a Bird be in the offing? Why wouldn't Bird be
interested in taking over the Cs? There isn't going to be another expansion
team for a long time. I can't believe Bird wouldn't want to take over the Cs
with Gaston gone. I can't think of anything else that could right this
sinking ship other than maybe if we got Don Nelson as a coach. He could get
us uptempo and has the reputation and confidence to get the team to listen. I
think the Mavs are going to lose early in the playoffs and I think Cuban is
going to get a different coach or Don's son....

Everything will be better next year. Both Kedrick and Baker will be better in
team play. It isn't as bad as it looks. We just have a bad coach....

DJessen33