Slip Slidin' Away...

There's been something bothering me for some time, and last Friday--and
today, it came into sharp focus.   Paul Pierce seems to be having more and
more trouble keeping his footing on the court.  It's not just in Boston, it
happens in other places (and lets skip the driveway jokes, I'm serious here).

The way he squints more when taking a free throw, and seems to be
measuring--and missing--shots.  We KNOW he can shoot.  We KNOW he can hit
free throws more consistently.  The way he moved, sad to say, reminded me
of me--the way he'd just seem to lurch over and crash to the ground, or
seem to totally lose his dribble, seemed to me to be like a sudden loss of
"centering"--not quite an out-and-out "dizzy spell", but just like his
balance had been shifted off a degree or two.

I may well be reading more into it than there is, and I don't have any
medical degrees to back it up.  It's just something that keeps making me
wonder if he's injured, or ill, in a way that nobody's talking
about.  After all, without Pierce, the team's offense tends to take a
nosedive.  They NEED him not just IN the playoffs, but to MAKE the
playoffs--I haven't failed to notice they still need one more win to clinch
a spot.

Ah well, hopefully, I'm just being a worrisome beagle.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle