T.J. Ford

> I still have concern about TJ Ford's size though... Kenny is 6'1 and played
> like Kidd in college, actually he was offensively polished and dished a lot
> too... unlike Ford who's 5'10 and has really skinny features and seems
> delicate (what more with the NBA-pounding), no question he can run a team
> but Brevin Knight did that too, Tyus Edney did it too...but again, the NBA
> pounding did them in.  my point is, TJ can play but i don't know if he can
> apply and duplicate his skills in the NBA...or be as lethal as he is now in
> college.  maybe or maybe not...

T.J. Ford wouldn't be a bad pick..
An athletic point guard who can penetrate, handle and presumably stop dribble
penetration. Plus he has solid playmaking abilities. Sounds like a great fit
for the Celtics...

I haven't seen him play that much but I think he will be a solid NBA player.
I don't see superstar in him though. I don't think we should trade Walker to
get him. I don't even think we should move K.Brown to get him. We have some
other Celtics with modest trade value like E. Williams and Tony Delk that we
could use to move up a few slots..(knock on wood) If he falls to us at 16 he
wouldn't be a bad pick.

People tend to overrate college players because they get to see them
play..But HS and young foreign players tend to be better picks in general.
With his small size and shaky shot he could fall to us.

He reminds me alot more of KA then J. Kidd. Both players are excellent play
makers with suspect shots. KA was injury prone due to his slight build and
that's my fear with T.J. too. I could be wrong, but I remember that KA was
more of star and had better numbers in college.

I thought his ball handling (though a great improvement over Bremer and Delk)
was just average for a guy his size. KA has a better handle, and is a lefty
though. T.J. Ford might have some things in his favour though like a better
attitude and a greater desire to run the break. (Kenny can run it..but
doesn't always want too)

Don't get me wrong though..I want the guy. I would love to see them bring him
in  If they can somehow get him and trade Walker for a legit PF/C with some
hops and rebounding ability (either throught he draft or straight up trade)
then the Celts could be greatly improved. More importantly they would play a
better brand of basketball....

With Battie, Brown, T.J. Ford, Pierce,  and some stud PF we could play some
exciting fast break basketball.. That would be a very quick and athletic
lineup. Ewill, Delk and yes Baker could form a solid bench potentially. All
three of them could provide instant scoring.. Even Baker could fare okay with
T.J. Ford setting him up, IMHO.

Oh yeah..
Does anyone else think that should have given in and gotten Battie surgery
earlier?
We all know that he needed it... Why suffer with 1/2 a Battie for
year?...it's not like this team is championship material

Pete