While I'm Happy The Celtics Were Sold.....

- Still these guys seem like your average venture captalist
pricks.

- And you know who was the last venture capitalist to own the Celtics?
None other than Don 'The Profane One' Gaston, Paul's father, and it
was his reign that started the downfall of the Celtics.

- Am I sensing Thanksdad all over again with the new owners, or more
like Thanks Dads.

- Did Gaston hate Bird or what. Told him the team wasn't for sale, and
six months later,
sold it.

- Definitely would have been better off if the Bird group had bought the
team,
in terms of a cap genius like Volk, the fans love for Bird and his
knowledge of
the game, and a marketing maven in ML.

- Why Wallace will eventually go:

1. New owners tinker with their properties
2. New ownership brings in their own people.
3. I am sensing some outstanding jock-sniffer and Q wanting potential
with the new ownership. The fact is Wallace is Plain Jane among NBA Gms,

and these guys are going to want sonmeone who can make a splash
and have a presence with the public.
4. It's not as if Wallace has had a lot of success. His mean is the
lottery, bad
draft picks, Pitino Toady and Yes Man. All you need to know about
last year's successful season, is that the Pistons were a high seed in
the playoffs.
The EC wasn't exactly blessed with great teams last year or even good
clubs.

- Sadly though, the Hoop Messiah, likely won't be replacing him.
As Mark Berry has pointed out, it would be out of character for Bird to
exit
from the Charlotte group without seeing it through, and from what I last
heard
out of LB's mouth, it's going to be at least two years before the
situation is
resolved....

- Here's hoping new ownership understands the value of PGs and Centers.

- Looking forward to see what Will 'Auerbach's and Gaston's Mouthpiece'
McDonough
has to say. Also BSG, MacMullen, even the Lama. Mark Cofman will be
reporting in
December that the Celtics may be sold....
Ray